Configuring Double Counter
Configure Double Counter in under 5 minutes! Video tutorial in English: https://youtu.be/3xsKWb_4DeE
The first channel to be created is a welcome channel, where users will land when they join your server. You can use an existing welcome channel.
To tell Double Counter what channel to use as a welcome channel, type in this command:
dc.config channel #welcome-channel
You will then have to create a logging channel, where Double Counter sends all failed attempts to join your server through VPN Networks and/or alt accounts. You'll probably want to set it a private channel for your staff members.
To feed this channel to Double Counter, type in this command:
dc.config logs #logging-channel
Finally, you'll have to create a verification role, named for instance "Verified with Double Counter". This is the role that's gonna be added to new users who pass the verification. This role doesn't require extra permissions. However, it must be placed below the Double Counter bot role in the role list, otherwise Double Counter won't be able to assign it to joining members (Discord limitation).
To feed this role to Double Counter, type in this command:
dc.config role @VerifiedRole
Depending on your server's configuration, there are two different cases.
- You already use a bot that assigns a role from a reaction click. For example, a #rules channel with a reaction role to access the server: case 1.
- You don't use such system, members can directly access your server upon joining it: case 2.
- 1.Remove the
Read messagespermission to the @everyone default role on the reaction-role channel and add that permission to the verified role set up above.
- 2.Set up the @everyone role (no actual role) so it can only see your welcome channel set up above.
- 1.Give all users in your server the verified role. Several bots can do that, Dyno for example.
- 2.For each public channel in your server, remove the
Read messagespermission to @everyone and add it to the verified role.
- 3.Set up the @everyone role (no actual role) so it can only see your welcome channel set up above.
- Double Counter is not retroactive. This means members already in your server at the time you add the bot are not recorded in our database and will not be blocked when using an alt account. The bot will prevent future members to use a VPN or an alt.
- Please double check your configuration. If a user can bypass the Double Counter verified role (consequently the verification link) to access the server, the protection becomes useless. Please ensure any newcomer must click the link to access your channels.